Yamaha G8E Electric Golf Cart Dead and Won't Run At All

tanda

I have a friends Yamaha G-8E electric golf cart that's dead and won't run at all and cant figure it out. All the wiring seems to be correct and tight. I checked the voltage across the solenoid and i get 40 volts even though the key is off and pedal is not depressed. Wait theres more! There's a 10 amp fuse thats located in the harness its number 7 on the wiring diagram on this site. I replaced it and when i turned on the key it blew the fuse again. The golf cart does not make any clicking sounds or seem like its trying to do anything. I have the feeling that his controller is bad and the solenoid. Am I checking things in the right order or, and can i seperate these items and check them alone? I'm at my wits end it seems like I think I have it narrowed down it sends me off in another direction. Help!

tanda

In addition I went and bought a analog meter and tested the diode, current flowed in both directions, pretty sure thats not right.. I'm now looking for a supplier to replace them. They have two sets of numbers on them printed number is 3325y4 and case has a number in it de39. Any help would be great.