Yamaha G8 With Loose Steering

DarrensG5

I have a Yamaha G8 with steering that is loose, meaning wheel wonders a bit while driving. Can you adjust the box or rebuild or is only option to find a new one tia

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Yes there is an adjustment on the steering box. Here's the best way to adjust it.

Remove the steering box cover plate (4 - 10mm bolts) pack the steering box with grease and replace the cover. With the front of the golf cart jacked up loosen the 10mm jam nut and turn the slotted screw in a 1/4 turn in. With the front tires still off the ground turn the steering wheel all the way left and right to check for any binding If there's any binding back off the adjusting screw a little and check for binding again.

DarrensG5

Thanks for directions for adjusting the steering box on my Yamaha G8 HRC I printed it out followed it and she is right as rain now. Use to be able to turn the wheel quite a bit with a loose goose knocking noise and not move wheels now she's tight and right. My dad was saying that's the way 50's chevys were if only they were that simple now.