Yamaha G8 Gas Golf Cart Will Not Shut Off

golf cart newbe

I have a Yamaha G8 gas golf cart and when I push on the gas and let off it keeps running and will not shut off. The key switch is good, solenoid is new and the stop switch is working. Please help!

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
are you 100% sure the starter switch is workin' right? maybe not adjusted right

golf cart newbe

What do you mean by adjusted right? If I let off the gas pedal it pushes the switch in all the way. Is that what you mean? Sorry I am new to gas golf carts.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i would remove the wires from the micro/starter switch and see if it starts when you touch the wires together and stops when you separate them. if so most likely the switch is bad.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Did you use a golf cart solenoid when you replaced it? From what you describe it sounds like a stuck solenoid if the switch is working like it should. Or possibly not wired right or a bad/shorted wire in the solenoid activation circuit... :dazed:

djlan99

You need to determine if it is still running (idling) or running (starter turning the engine over).

Remove the starter belt if that helps you to determine this then go from there.

I think it is the starter turning the engine over (stuck solenoid or improperly wired).

Why did you replace the solenoid? (original problem) Go over your wires again.

Yamaha G8 golf carts are my favorite. That is what I build my monster carts out of.