Yamaha G29 Will Not Run

timmyt55

I have a Yamaha G29 that will not run. It's not getting fuel, pump is good ( 32psi) and it is getting spark, runs on carb cleaner. Does anybody know how to check the fuel injector?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've never worked on a fuel injected Yamaha but have you checked the wires from the injector? If the connections are good at the injector I'd think it's bad. You may want to get a service manual for that specific golf cart. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

timmyt55

Well I have found out the I need to get a scan tool for Yamaha part #90890-03182.. This will read and tell me if the pulse coil is working, or if the ecu is receiving the pulse, telling the injector to open and how far... Ignition is good and fuel pump is good... Scan tool is on back order for 4-5 weeks and is 150-205 bucks.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
See if your Voltmeter has a frequency setting you may be able to read pulses from the EC you do the injectors using that setting

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
You might need a diode in series with your meter to the pulse coil or ECU if they’re good it should read but it needs to be turning over to read any pulses

timmyt55

well, got the rest of the story from the owners... key switch was left on, killed the battery... hooked up the charger, possibly backwards .. for a min...and the key was left on because it ran out of fuel... charged battery, turned over and cart fired a few times, and this is where i got it. no pulse from ecu , so ordered a pulse coil and ecu.. will update when parts arrive...