Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Won't Move

C.wise

I have a 2009 Yamaha G29 golf cart that won't move. The cart has a flight systems controller and red dog motor. Solenoid clicks and cart will attempt to move. The throttle pot has the 5 volts on the wire,until you plug the throttle pot into the harness. The voltage drops off to .06 volts. 3wires on plug,1(orange) supposed to have 5 v.,1(black) is a negative,1 (blue)is the control wire. Anyone ever ran into this? 2 repair shops can't fix it.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm taking it you have load tested the batteries? What is your total battery pack voltage at rest and when the golf cart tries to move?

C.wise

Yes battery voltage is fine. I have the corret voltage every where else. I have load tested the batterys. I just loose voltage on the throttle pot, when it is hooked up.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I don't understand how the golf cart can try to move without any change in battery voltage. Have you started with the basics and checked ALL the cable connections?

C.wise

Well,you aren't the only one that doesn' understand what's happening. Like l said I'm losing voltage to my throttle pot and it is not pulling voltage enough to draw the battries. It my pull .06 ths and stop trying to move. Batteries have 48 volts when throttle is mashed to floor. Yes all basics have been checked. I think I'm going to put a gas engine in it. Too good a cart to junk. Thanks!!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
There's a couple members here that are good with diagnosing Yamaha electric golf carts and as soon as they see your question I'm sure they'll have some ideas for you.

C.wise

Well,the throttle pot has .o6 volts and it must be enough to make it try to move and then it drops off. Not enough time to make the batteries show a discharge. I'm going to apply 5 volts to the throttle pot and see if it will work. Might burn up something,but it is no good like it is.
M

C.wise

Well,it did not like putting 5 volts on pot wire. No solenoid click now. Haven't checked it further. To flustrated to mess with it now.

Zman

First , flip the tow run switch to clear any codes, turn back on to run, see if solenoid clicks. If it does, maybe no damage has been done. Your 5 volt reference signal will drop when plugged in , i don't know what the value would be but it is now a complete circuit and voltage will drop. With a volt meter hooked to B- at battery pack and B+ hooked to solenoid what is pack voltage ? what is it when gas pedal depressed? If it is around 48 volts , do both large posts on solenoid have same voltage?

C.wise

Evidently I have burn something. No solenoid click. Voltage on throttle pot does not drop.shows 4.9 plugged or un plugged. Jumped solenoid,nothing happened. Fuse is good. 48.9 in batteries.

patbbb

I know it's late, but was it the controller? I'm new to Yamaha electric, but manual I use shows TPS is tested measuring resistance (ohms) across terminals 5&6 (blue & black) & 6&7 (black & orange) at connector to controller- unplugged of course..

C.wise

Yes, it was the controller. Sorry I didn't post it. I just forgot. I had a flight systems controller in it. Could not get it to work. Put a yamaha controller back on and it works perfectly.