Yamaha G29 Bumps at 50% Speed Since Lift Kit Installed

War928

I’m an amateur and installed a 6 inch lift kit on my Yamaha G29. Since then the cart bumps like something slipped when I’m cruising at 50% speed apply throttle. Happens every 100 feet or so. Also when I started going up a steep hill it had no power. Not sure if it’s a clutch issue or maybe motor

any help is appreciated

warren

Zman

Cartaholic
When you say bumped do you mean jerked or jumped? What year of golf cart and do you have the team rear axle? Your power issue could be a few things, like did you put on bigger tires?

War928

yeah....exactly...kind of jumps almost like going over a bump but on smooth ground.......and yes i did put bigger tires on with the lift. i don't know what year it is because it's painted over...i was told its a 2015 but i don't think it is.

Zman

Cartaholic
Lift the seat and look on the frame behind batteries, on passenger side should be a small sticker Starting with a JW8-5 something if it is a 2015
I would check and make sure all your connectors are tight and it is not a miss fire. If your cart is older and you have a team rear axle i would check your rear axle nuts and make sure they are tight and your axle is not slipping in hub. If it is you might need a new hub. Bigger tires cause engine and drive train to work harder , hence the loss of power.