Yamaha G22E Battery Charger Showing Abnormal Cycle Error

jsmith6752

I am working on a Yamaha G22E electric golf cart. The batteries were so dead I had to give them a boost before it would charge. The battery charger was showing abnormal cycle error a couple of times. It did start to charge finally and came up to 48 volts. The charger never did say they were done. I could hear the batteries bubbling. When I turned on the key I got the alarm sound and when I pushing the throttle peddle it started to move a couple of inches and stopped. It almost seemed like the brake was on.

dougmcp

The connections diagram looks fine, post a photo of the actual connections.
Also post up your battery voltages individual and total pack.
Individual batteries fully charged should be 8.49v or better and the pack should be 50.96v or better.
How long did you let the charger run?

jsmith6752

thanks for your reply... I had a chance to get the photos today and check the voltages. The batteries have not been charge for about 3 days. The total voltage was 47.9 the others were 8 / 8 / 6.6 / 7.9 / 7.8 I did have a meter hooked up while trying to move it. The voltage dropped like a rock to 32 volts. The batteries were way below the plates when I worked on it about 6 months ago. I explained to the owner how to check them . I guess I wasted my breath. thanks again.

dougmcp

I saw the photos and it doesn't look like good news.
I would say that your batteries are in dire need of replacement, all but 1 of them is less than 50% and the last one is stone cold dead.
I would get new cables while you're changing the batteries.