Yamaha G22A Starts Runs Until I Stop Then Won't Start.

Idukester

Yamaha G22A starts runs until I stop then won't start. Replaced Start/Gen, battery, voltage regulator, new key switch, new stop/go switch, new solenoid, charges at 15 volts. I drove ten miles parked two hours later drove back home stopped and would not restart. 4U8-02 relay would click but no start. Next day I could start stop ten times no problem in drive way drove a mile shut off no start?

wallyCamp

Does that mean you fixed the problem? I was mentioning the main power wire from the solenoid to the starter. It could also be a bad spot in the starter. Try to turn the clutch slightly by hand then press the gas pedal. Please take your hand off the clutch before hitting the pedal. Just saying.

Idukester

Will not start, I checked brushes, they look like new, starter only used about two months. Do you know how to check stop relay? 4U8-02 it clicks when I try to start.

wallyCamp

The little black relay, or the starter solenoid? I can’t remember ever hearing the little black relay clicking over the starter solenoid. I have found bad wires that are from under the seat to under your feet that have needed to be repaired. Have you tried to jump the starter with a piece of wire?

Idukester

I replaced solenoid that fixed problem .I talked to golf cart mechanic he said he has replaced a lot of newer TROMBETTA solenoids with intermittent shorting problems so far working good. THANKS FOR HELP.