Yamaha G22 Has No Power Without Keeping the Choke Out

Chris Russell

I am needing some advice on my 2005 Yamaha G22 golf cart that has no power without keeping the choke out. It will not start without full choke and it takes about 30 seconds for the engine to turn over. After it starts it will take off just fine and then after 3-5 seconds I will continually get a dead petal. Pull the choke out and it will go for 3-5 more seconds and continue to lose power. If I hold the choke out it will go full power just fine. Obviously I am not getting a consistent flow of gas. I have changed the spark plug, fuel filter, fuel pump, and air filter. I have put fresh gasoline in as well but still having the same problems. I am looking for some advice on what to do next?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'd say you probably need to take the carburetor off take it apart and clean it good. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Carbs need to come all the way apart and soak in carb cleaner, then blown out with compressed air. Have you pulled the fuel line off at the carb and run the starter to see how well it pumps?

Chris Russell

I just went to my local golf cart dealer and payed $65 for a new carburetor. Installed it about two hours ago. Runs great now.