Yamaha G22 Charger Lights flash Not Charging

scoutboss

I went to charge my 48v 2003 Yamaha G22E today. It was down to 26 volts.
After plugging in the charger all the lights flash off and on. The red "charge incomplete" flashes slower (in a different rythm) than the rest. The charging does not kick in and the golf cart isn't charging.
Any thoughts as to what is causing this? Thanks!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The battery charger needs 38-30 volts in order to turn on. First check to make sure the plates aren't exposed in any of the batteries. If they are fill with distilled water until they are covered then try charging each battery for 15=30 minutes with a 12 volt charger until you get over 30 volts total. You don't need to unhook any cables when charging each battery individually. If the golf carts charger turns on after charging the batteries individually let it charge until it turns off then fill the batteries to the proper level. Also make sure all the battery cable connections are clean and tight. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

scoutboss

Thank you. I will try using my 12v car charger on two batteries at a time. Hopefully that will bring it up past 30+ volts.

Oh ..... Great Forum!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If they're 8 volt batteries you need to use a 12 volt charger. 15 minutes on each battery should do the trick if the batteries are good.