Yamaha G2 Gas Golf Cart Wiring Help

handy_50

I purchased a Yamaha G2 gas golf cart on an auction site and need some wiring help. It has a new wiring harness but there are unused connections that I'm not sure of. I've downloaded the wiring diagram but it shows only 4 wires on the main switch and none of them have power, the switch has a lead with heavy wires br and r/w I tried putting 12 v to the red lead and still no power coming out of the 4 terminal socket, also it doesn't turn over unless jumping the starter relay and has no spark, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's hard to say what's going on by looking at the pictures you posted. It appears someone made parts of the wiring harness. I'm not real familiar with the Yamaha G2 gas golf carts so you'll need to wait for someone else to chime in. Welcome to Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum. :hattip:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
From what I can find J38-82590-21 is the the correct part number for a Yamaha G2 gas golf cart wiring harness. I can see in your pictures someone has done some splicing and some of the connectors are not factory. The only thing I can recommend is looking at this wiring diagram to get the wiring straightened out. Make sure all of those butt connectors and the crimped on connectors on the solenoid and anywhere else they were used are making good connections.

handy_50

okay will do ,I actually already have that diagram and have tried to follow it, not getting power to the switch was wondering if another loom from battery supply's power there? I'll keep chugging at it and hopefully someone with a G2 can also help me out.Thanks for your help.

Hahawafi

I literally just registered on this site to see if I can get some help myself with a Yamaha G2. Been messing with the whole wiring harness and ended up having to make one. Not sure if I can help but there should be a solid Red wire on the "hot" side of the starter relay. There are also, two (2) 15amp. fuses on the left side of the cart attached to the left rear inside fender. Be sure they both have fuses in them.

handy_50

Thanks I actually got it figured out and cart is running so if you need any help let me know. One of the problems was someone installed a regular starter relay and they won't work to start the cart. I had another one off a wrecked Yamaha G2 and after installing it would engage starter just fine.