I have a Yamaha G2 that is over charging the battery. I just put a new voltage regulator in it. When I check voltage at the regulator it reads 14.25 VDC like it should. Heres what has me confused when I check battery voltage its getting 16 to 18 VDC depending on engine rpm. I was told that the starter had been rebuilt a year or so ago. Come to think about it when I put a set of head lights on it last year they didnt last very long and the bulbs blew. I had put a couple used batteries in it last summer and never thought anything of them going bad but this fall I put a new battery in and it went bad in a short time as well so when I put the 4th battery in recently I found that it was overcharging. When voltage is high at the battery the starter wont crank unless I give it a little spin by hand is this from the high voltage causing polarity problems? I have checked the wiring and nothing looks shorted or grounded. Id like to see a wiring diagram to make sure everything is connected right.