Yamaha G19 Won't Move

SJZZ

Hello to all!
I have a problem I'd like to throw at you.
I have a older neighbor that has a 2001 Yamaha G19 golf cart that won't move. She asked if I would look at it for her. I mainly work on gas engines and although I have worked on electric carts, I can't diagnose them as well as many of you!
So, I have 48 volts, Batteries are new last year, I have replaced the solenoid. Still won't move.
I ran a jumper wire from the small black wire terminal on the solenoid to the battery ground, the solenoid clicks and it moves just fine forward and reverse. When I remove the jumper wire it will move about a foot then stop. The key switch, forward/ reverse switch seam to all work.
Where do I go from here? is it the controller?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Did you replace the solenoid with a golf cart solenoid? Does the solenoid click right before the golf cart stops moving?

SJZZ

Yes. And yes it clicks and then stops. It's like there not enough amps to hold the solenoid.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the batteries are good and all the connections are good I think it may be the micro switch on the throttle. I believe Yamaha calls it a stop switch. There should be a Yamaha G19 wiring diagram in the resource section of the forum.

SJZZ

I will check that switch, But I do recall hearing the throttle switch click when I depress and let off the pedal.
Thanks!