Yamaha G19 Golf Cart New Batteries Won't Run

Bluecart

Hello all! I'm new to golf cart ownership and getting off to a great start. Picked up a used 48volt Yamaha, pretty sure it's a G19. Story was it ran a year ago and then sat up. Supposedly the PO had it checked out at a Battery Source and they told him it just needed new batteries. I got hold of it and just installed 6 new batteries and the golf cart won't run. I got nothing. No clicking, no humming. Even the headlights and taillights won't come on. The 3 amp fuse next to the batteries was blown so I replaced that but still nothing. Checked the key switch and it works. I'm getting 50 volts from the batteries so I'm stuck. Got to get this one running by Christmas for my little girls. Any advice on where and how to start the diagnostic process?

Thanks for any and all help!

djlan99

Make sure back up beeper works. If not you may just have the batteries or one battery in backwards.

IF the back up buzzer comes on that tells you that you have control power. (very important)

Double check your wire connections. Don't just put it back the way you found it. You need a wiring diagram.

Check the charge receptacle for a bad sensor. (in cart) This shuts the cart off so you don't drive away with the charger cord. These were a very common failure.

Bluecart

I did get a wiring diagram, from this site I think. As I began going through the wiring I found two wires underneath the cart that were badly frayed and worn. Once I replaced those wires, voila, she works.

Thanks for your input!

djlan99

Yes! Thanks for the follow up. I try to help everyone and it seems to take awhile as everyone is busy with other things. I don`t always know if people found the problem or not.