Yamaha G16 Will Not Start

allis

I am new to the Yamaha golf cart and trying to help out a friend with his 2000 G16 that will not start. The cart does nothing when trying to start so not knowing I installed a new starter solenoid after finding out they installed the battery in backwards. I have juice going to the small terminals on solenoid and can get it to turn over by jumping the two large terminals. I just printed out a wiring schmetic found the starter relay, could that be the problem and can I check it? Thanks Allis

YamahaDodgeg22

If you are not getting power to the solenoid it could be the pedal sensor that send the power to the solenoid. Put first thing first definitely check your fuse, because I was blowing them at one point left and right. I got I new battery and solenoid and put them on and it didn't work, so then I opened up the fuse holder and there it was, blown.

allis

I found the problem, I had a wire with push in connector that was not plugged in. I checked the stop switch and it was OK but did not know how to check relay. Thanks for the feed back