Yamaha G16 Converted to 48 Volts Sudden Loss of Power

Jonny4

I have a Yamaha G16 I converted to a 48 volts. New controller, new solenoid, new batterys.
I have gotten a sudden loss of power. Charged the cart made it not even a quarter mile down the road and power was down to nothing and had to push it home. Checked each battery and as a whole and voltage is good. Has anyone else had this problem or know what it could be?
Thanks Jon

Jonny4

I have an alltrax controller it is flashing a low voltage code. This is after being charged and checking voltage with a meter

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Did you notice if anything was hot like the motor, controller, solenoid, forward and reverse switch or any cables when this happened? I would probably start with looking at ALL of the large cable connection and see if there's any signs of them getting hot. Is your new solenoid rated for 48 volts and continuous duty for a golf cart?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
We posted at the same time. If the Alltrax controller is giving you a low voltage code check the battery voltage and battery cable connections at the batteries and the controller. Also make sure all of the small wires on the controller are making a good connection. What model is your Alltrax controller?

Jonny4

I did feel around to see if anything was hot and everything down to the motor was good. The solenoid came with the controller from alltrax.
Model is SR48500

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'd download the software from the Alltrax website if you don't already have it and verify the low voltage setting is programed properly for your setup.

Jonny4

Just pulled all the wires and cleaned everything up. still getting the same code. This is a new problem I never mentioned that. It was running just fine up until the other day

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The only time I've seen the low voltage code flash on any Alltrax programmable controller is if the battery pack voltage is lower than the value set on the controller. From the manual for Alltrax SR-48500 this is what it says about the low voltage or under voltage code (1 green and 2 red flashes)
Battery Under Voltage: B+ Voltage lower than Low Voltage Battery Setting. Check battery pack voltage or program settings. Even though the golf cart was running fine we can't rule the controller low voltage setting without checking the setting.

Jonny4

Thank you for your advice. I will need to get a cord to connect to the computer. That might be the biggest challenge right now with stores being closed down. I will post when I get it figured out.
Thanks
Jon