Yamaha G14 With G9 Rear End

Clarky

Hello everyone I’m new to the forum and to carts. I have a modified Yamaha I picked up recently. Was told from PO it’s a 96 g14 and came with a g9 rear. I am hoping that someone can help point me in the right direction. Right side axle and tube broke and I would like to know what rear end I have for sure before I order any parts. Any help is greatly appreciated.FBCD2CBC-390E-4662-8C89-56A8535480BA.jpegC1621629-3586-40E3-887E-E55401722192.jpegC1C122B8-28D7-455E-8634-59B38AA0C309.jpeg03E16AAB-1EDB-4FCB-9EB6-E0269B69B550.jpegED8FC1EC-3AAC-4227-816E-4DD15064EC48.jpeg68101175-98E4-495A-8DB1-A9B5EC54929F.jpeg

Clarky

After research I found my serial number it’s a 1995 G14AM cart. Haven’t found any markings on rear as of yet. After pulling axle from tube it has the welded on hub style Axles. Still hoping someone can help me with this situation.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
There should be part number stamped in the rear end case or axle tubes. There may also be a part number on the axle. If I'm not mistaken the rear ends are the same in a Yamaha G9 and G14 but I'm not positive. One of the Yamaha guys on the forum should know for sure.

That is the same rear end as a G2 and G9 for sure. Shock mounts are different but it looks the same. If the shafts are the same that is what you need to find out. Very hard to find as they have been discontinued. I have a complete rear end for a G9 sitting outside my garage that I can measure for you.

Clarky

Thanks Square Pants. I did find this on line last night, but been listed for over 60 days so probably sold. Going to contact seller and find out but it looks identical to the one I have.

yamaha-rearend-1.gif

yamaha-rearend-2.gif

There is a golf cart junkyard in Bath NY and he was wanting $700 for rear ends and he was selling them like hot cakes. I was looking for a junk rear end and he wanted $350. He had rows of carts at the time and that was 4 years ago.

Clarky

Poor guy sold rear 8 years ago. Doesn’t know why it’s still online. Lol. Least he was nice enough to reply. I drive through Bath every day for work I’ll have to see if I can’t find out about that.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You can also try parts4carts.com to see what they have in the bone yard. Shipping will probably be a deal breaker though.

Get off at the Kanona exit and follow the signs. Head opposite way of the truck stop and you will see his signs. I think he has an old G1 as his sign. I can't think of his name but he had lots of junk carts. He has a shop there and everything. Very nice guy and who knows he might have come down in price over the years. I haven't been there in 4-5 years.

Clarky

I looked it up. I’m half hour from Kanona so easy trip for me. PO told me about a place in bath as well so has to be it.

Clarky

Found this and going to take a ride Friday to see if it’s the same as mine. If so I will be hauling it home. Also stopping by bath as well with the axle to see if he has one, so here’s hoping Friday is a good day.6EA1B162-67A7-4117-8A42-686BC65CBD40.png