Yamaha G1 Muffler

ray j

Does anyone have a source for a quiet Yamaha G1 muffler? I've tried 3 different mufflers. Any suggestions on a quieter exhaust? Or any tips how to quiet this engine down? thank you, ray

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If you don't have any exhaust leaks anywhere there's not a lot you can do. The 2 stroke carts are going to be louder than a 4 stroke. What type of mufflers have you tried?

TDAWG

The quietest one that I have ever seen is the stock set-up with the butterfly exaust valve still in operation.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Like TDAWG said the stock muffler with the butterfly exhaust valve working is about as good as it gets. Maybe someone else here can give you some ideas on a different muffler that will quiet it down.

aubmis

My Yamaha G1 got really loud one day and I couldnt figure it out, finally found leak around what i think is the butterfly valve. There was a pin in there and I could just lift it up with my finger and it would stop. If I remember right it seemed like it was hooked with throttle linkage some how. I ended up welding a washer on it to hold it up. I would take a look at the valve it made my golf cart very loud.