Yamaha G1 Front End Sagging

mitchell_hinton

Hi all,
I just purchased a Yamaha G1, at least I think it's a G1, that's what the previous owner told me it was. I need to check serial numbers to find out for sure.

I got a great deal so I bought the cart without a second thought. However, the more I drove it, the more the front end is sagging and feels funny. There is a lot of play in the steering wheel and the front end driver and passenger side don't feel synchronized. I've never owned a golf cart before so I don't know if that is normal, but it sure feels weird. With passengers on the car you notice the sag even more.

I believe a lift kit has been installed, but with it sagging to the center, like it does, and bowing the wheels out makes me think that a support bar or cross member is missing.

Anyone have any ideas? I am fairly confident I can do the work (minus welding) necessary to repair the cart and get the front end to stop sagging. I just need someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Attachments

• G1 Front End - Close Up.jpg
    G1 Front End - Close Up.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 6
  • G1 Front End - Sagging.jpg
    G1 Front End - Sagging.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 6

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I just cannot tell from the pics - there are great suspension guys on here, they will be poking around here and find you.