Yamaha Drive AC Conversion Lithium Battery Setup

Yamaha2013

Just finished an AC conversion on my 2013 Yamaha Drive G29. All parts were Navitas. My question is I would like to install lithium batteries. What is the best battery for this set up? Thanks in advance.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
How do you like the Navitas AC conversion setup? I've never used Lithium batteries in a golf cart so can't help with that question. I'm sure someone else will jump in with some battery suggestions.

Yamaha2013

Spoke to Navitas today. I have a 400 amp controller needs to be tweaked thru the app to be at 200 amps. They stated with the reduction in weight with lithium batteries the cart will more than likely wheelie with the set up I have installed.😁

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I was just looking on the Golf Cart Tire Supply website and see they are selling Allied Lithium Ion golf cart batteries. You might want to check with them to see what they can do for you. The Allied Lithium Ion batteries are supposed to be one of the best out there from the research I've done.

Yamaha2013

Thank you for the heads up. I bought my wheels and tires from them. I spoke to them also about the batteries. Im gonna go with steve at Extreme carts. Spoke to him today. Also spoke to Navitas I have to use a minimum of 60 ah batteries for the 440 amp controller. $2400 for four batteries with the charger. 😀

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
That sounds like a good deal. :thumbsup: Golf Cart Tire Supply has them from 40 amp hours to 100 amp hours. What brand and amp hours are the batteries you're getting from Extreme?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The 60 ah set of Allied's from Golf Cart Tire Supply are $2039 and the charger is $244.95, their price is better just so you know. Total would be $2283 for the batteries and battery charger with free shipping.

Yamaha2013

I picked this location on the Yamaha G29 due to ease of access from the driver seat. Also the Navitas controller has its wires ran straight out the bottom of the box. When located here wire is tucked away out of sight for a clean look.

Attachments