Yamaha Drive 2 Gas Transmission Re-gear.

TopShelfCarts

Hello all, long time listener, first time caller! I am re-gearing a Yamaha Drive 2 Gas to the high-speed gear set and all went well. Pretty easy removal and splitting the transmission case was a breeze. Here is the question before I re-install on the cart, I wanted to make sure everything felt smooth so I would turn the driven clutch by hand with the shift selector in the neutral position and it spun freely. I would shift it to either forward or reverse and the pully would turn about 3/4 a turn and i could see inside the axle hole the gear was spinning, but then suddenly would bind to a stop. Is this normal and it just takes more power to turn the drive gear when in a moving gear or do I have something bound up internally? I don't' want to cause any damage to the transmission. Thanks for any ideas in advance!

TopShelfCarts

Yes, Hot Rod Carts, Thanks for asking.
I took everything back apart and noticed I had put in the gear in upside down which was causing my binding issue. Trying to hurry and get it done i wasn't paying attention to detail. Quick little fix but was my bad all the same!:rolleyes:
Thanks for reaching out!
Tommy