Yamaha 48 Volt Battery Charger Showing Abnormal Cycle

marine6132

Hello. here is my problem. I have a Yamaha G19E golf cart. The battery charger which is a MAC Yamaha 48 volt will start charging as normal but when I go back to check it in the morning it has shut off and is showing abnormal cycle. I went to my nearest golf cart store and found a used battery charger that the owner stated it was bad but did not know what was wrong with it. ( I gave him the same story and he could'nt help) I replaced the solenoid (new) and try to charge and did the same thing , I switched the solid state board and also the same thing. Finally I bought brand new batteries ( which it was time to get them any way ) and the charger still started to charge fine, but after a while it shut off and showed abnormal cycle again.

I'm out of ideas , can any one out there help me???????

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

Try taking individual voltage readings on the batteries. I've seen Yamaha chargers do this if the pack is out of balance. Seeing how the batteries are new one or more may not have had a good charge and could possibly be the problem. Let us know what the voltages are.

marine6132

Went back to start checking the batteries and the charger starter working like it suppose to. Don't no what happen but thanks for the advice.