Yamaha 16e Runs But Hesitates

becky

cart runs with hesitation. I put the cart on jackstands hit the accelerator and read the voltage it went up to 57 volts. What wrong with it ??? HELP!!!!!

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Yamaha G16 should be a 36 volt cart. If your getting over 50 volts, I would guess that is from the motor feeding back when you let off the gas? What do the batts read individually and as a pack? Sounds like a low or bad battery. One of the Electric gurus will be around shortly.
thumbup.gif

becky

just tried it a couple more times read 36 then 80 then 32 it seems to be all over the place the whole problem started a couple of months ago with a burnt up battery wire. replaced all wires and battery that was affected.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I would think ya still got a bad connection or battery. HRC is lookin' in, he's forgot more than I know about electrics.
thumbup.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Like dirtysouth said it sounds like you have a bad battery, connection or cable. I'd start with doing a load test on the batteries.
You might want to get another digital volt meter or replace the battery in the one you're using.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
With the cart on the ground hook your meter to the battery pack main + and - and drive the cart to see how low the voltage drops while driving and post the numbers.

Pay attention to the meter when you get the "hesitation" and let us know what the voltage does when the cart hesitates.

Make sure you're using a decent meter.

becky

Tried the cart with load voltage goes down to 33.3 if it is a week battery how can i find out i dont have a load tester.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Sounds like you've found the problem.

Hook the meter to one battery at a time a drive a little to see how low each one drops.