Wiring Starter Generator

turbo130

Last year I had it in a local atv shop because it wouldn't start unless I jumped the solenoid. They put in new power and ground cables because mine were fried and now it starts right up. I will go out and look at the wire going from the voltage regulator and the DF on the starter generator. I have the meter clipped to F2 and A1, when I checked to see of it would charge, also I touched the DF terminal to the positive side of the battery with a jumper wire I think that is what you said to do.

turbo130

I have a lap top out in the shop I will turn it on so I don't have to be running from the house to the shop when I check with you.

turbo130

I ordered a new voltage regulator and installed it today, it still wouldn't charge. When I unplugged the new one the green wire connector came off, I put a new connector on it and tried again It is now showing 15.10 volts I am so happy that I finally figured it out .

turbo130

I want to thank you and diode for your expert advice in helping me find and fix the problem. Right now I have to replace some body and steering parts, I have a pull start on the cart which I had to use to get it to start when I was running the battery down when it wasn't charging. Anyway I went off the road into a ravine because I stepped on the gas instead of the brake. I am just waiting on my new windshield and steering column bushing so I can put it back together so my wife can use it again instead of her ATV.