Wireless hot spots

JRay

Cartaholic
Any pros or cons to these devices? In this case i am talking verizon MIFI. Appreciate any info.

madoc1

just hooked one up yesterday, but am only getting one bar. not good. my neighbor has four bars on hers. still working on it. have 14 days to play with it, so will.
rolleyes.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
My cousin was in town a couple weeks ago and she had one from Verizon. She said it worked well everywhere. She lives in the boonies in Wisconsin and she says it works there to. I'd like to get one but still a little leery.

JRay

Cartaholic
It seems to working fine. In florida i was getting 4 g on it, here in Mi only 3 g. Going to have to try it up in northern Mi to see how it works. I put a wireless usb adapter on my wifes desk top and that is working fine also.

JRay

Cartaholic
Gets the signal from cell phone towers, so anywhere a cell phone works the mifi should work. Just more stuff to drive a guy nuts. Last night we had a laptop,desktop and a ipod all hooked to it, worked fine.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'm going to have to look into it I guess. I'd like to have internet access at the cottage and I'm thinking that would be the way to go.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Yeah, this leavin' us to police ourselves on the weekends is very stressful for some.

rotflmao.gif

JRay

Cartaholic
That was the main reason i bought this one,lake cottage,Florida etc. Couldn't find a reasonably priced isp provider up there. Old phone lines up there won't support dsl.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Same problem at our cottage with the phone lines. If you don't mind me askin' what's your monthly bill for the Verizon?

JRay

Cartaholic
Haven't got one yet showing the breakdown as have i 2 phones on there too. The mifi i believe is 50 per month. I was paying 44 at the cottage and 24 at home so i am a little ahead.