Will Weak Batteries Cause Low Torque

NMartin

I have a 97 TXT 36V. It has no torque so I had the local OReillys load test each battery seperately. One shows bad and 2 more showing about 60%. I want to fix it before lifting it. Any suggestions? I have checked all connections at the batteries. What brand of battery is the best? Is there a good place to get them without costing an arm and a leg? What other connections should I check?

Thanks!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If you have some bad batteries you need to get that taken care of. Bad batteries will cause the cart to have no torque. If you have 3 batteries that are bad or weak you need to replace all 6 and that should take care of the problem.

NMartin

I replaced the one that showed bad due to a fear of burning out the controller. It seems a little better, and I mean a little. Is it going to take a complete replacement to fix it? Is there anything else to check as well to make sure the rest of the system is ok?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Until you get six good batteries you'll have problems. If you have a digital volt meter check each battery and post your results.