Which Desktop and Mobile Browser Are You Using

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I was curious about which browser members are using on desktop and mobile devices. IE has always been a PITA for website developers and Microsoft has announced they are dropping support on IE11 and Edge. MS says they are working on a new browser that will use Chromium to replace IE and Edge.

The reason I'm asking is I still have to check the website and forum with IE to make sure it's working as it should with IE. Most browsers other than IE are pretty compatible with each other so once MS drops IE I may stop checking the forum with it unless a lot of members are still using it.

Thanks,
HRC

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I know there's a issue here with the similes and IE11. When you add a smiley the cursor jumps back to the beginning of the thread. It only seems to happen with IE11.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Samsung tablet. Ma has desktop in home office. I have one in shop office I haven't used in years. Whoops, have a laptop I haven't used yet lol

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Fire fox, edge, Safari, also some Samsung pad
Windows 10 windows seven windows XP Pro Samsung something iPhone God knows what else

Glen Batchelor

Chrome, Firefox, Dolphin, etc are all webkit API browsers. Same browser, different skins and toys. Opera is a really good browser now and I often have to use it to fall back to older web tech that is now "banned" from webkit like old flash and silverlight crap. I use Chrome, IE11 and Opera. I can't live with just one browser in this day and age. Edge, is a total waste of disk space but you can't get rid of it in Win10.

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I am NOT a computer guru, I don't even like them (as I sit here typing on one :rolleyes:). I am on one all day at work so I guess I have become accustom to them. I still find them very boring. Anyway, my main computer, which isn't a computer but a Surface RT will only run explorer and this site and Bass Pro will not open on it. I have to open this site up on the wife's hp in Google. I even called my IT service contract through Cox and they gave up.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Anyway, my main computer, which isn't a computer but a Surface RT will only run explorer and this site and Bass Pro will not open on it. I have to open this site up on the wife's hp in Google.
Microsoft is ending support of Windows 7 on January 14, 2020 and Internet Explorer on January 31, 2020 and has been advising it's users to update their OS and switch to Edge or another browser. You are the second member to report the site not opening in Internet Explorer. I just tried it here and it works with no problem using Windows 10 Home or Pro and IE11. So it seems the problem is happening with Windows 7 and IE11 combo. I don't have any computers here running Windows 7 so I can't test that combination.

Microsoft is still offering the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7/8/8.1 but with your Surface RT I don't think the upgrade is possible. As far as I know the browser on a Surface RT can't be changed either. As we get ready to roll into 2020 more websites will stop working for people running Windows 7 and IE11.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The new Edge that will be released in January is Chromium based and has nothing in common with IE, the beta is nice. I use Firefox myself but need the other browsers for testing purposes.