which brand to get, where to get it

kctay

Hey all,

I'm new to the cart scene. I want to get an electric cart for golf. I have no idea where to get it, or what brand is best. I live in Portland Oregon. What brand is best as far as upgrades? I want speed, but also reliablity. I will be using this for golf, so it needs to last at least 18 holes on a charge.

Help?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

For electric golf carts I like the E-Z-GO best. The electric Club Cars are nice carts but I'm not a big fan of the on board computer they use. The Yamaha electric carts seem to have weak controllers.

I'd look for a nice EZGO PDS TXT if it's main use will be golf.

BadToTheBone

welcome.gif

Did you find a cart yet?

kctay

No, I did not find a cart yet since I'm basically confused on what to get. Which are easier to work on? I'm basically between EZ GO, and Club Car. I don't know about the electronics, but don't the Club Cars have aluminium chassis? Which is the easiest to work on? Which has the most parts available if I want to modify? Which goes faster?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I see the bidding is up to $1800.00. I wouldn't go any higher than 2200.00. It looks like a VERY nice cart and it has new batteries which is a big plus. Seeing how it's a 2006 it's probably worth $2500.00 tops, if it's super clean...

DWS

Welcome to the forum from the deep south Texas.
As a resident of Salem Oregon for over 60 years I can say with full knowledge that you will need a covered cart for sure, get a bag cover like shown in Ebay ad or get a extended cover like is used on rear seated carts or you will be using wet clubs and rotting bags all the time.
I can only say that a Club Car frame seems to stand up better to battery acids and time as well. I have seen 30 year old Club Cars with NO damage at all to the frame and the newer bodies seem to take a beating better than some other brands? Any major cart will give you good service.
Then when you get tired of all the rain come down to deep south Texas like I did and you can play golf year round in our semi tropical climate.

OlBoy

ezgos seem a lot easier to work on and just keep going and going if you do the preventive maintenance. And I agree with gornoman that they look better.
yes.gif

clubcar05

deff go with a clubcar!! the thing I love about them is they won't rust and the frame is light with out batteries I can pick mine up

rmhj

did alot of homework and went with easy go, the club car aluminum frame sounds good until i discovered that the battery pan rots out quicker than the steel ezgo , although the ezgo will tell you it's rotting out by the tell tale rust stains. The ezgo controller is easy to work on, confiqure for speed / torque needs, do it your self.The club car controller sounds like a black box where the dealer changes the program (eprom?) for speed / torque needs. Anywho the 36 v ezgo vs the 48 v club car. The 6 v battery = more amp hours and watt hours + more cycles. A great mod for the club car would be 8 x 6v batterys.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Congrats on the new EZGO. Now lets see some pics...

I've never stripped a hub on a E-Z-GO and I've had a lot of them, so I guess I'm lucky lol...