Where the Make A Wish Golf Cart Will Be

dwon5

1976 Club Car Caroche Concept Streetrod Golf Cart Charity Raflle to Benefit
The Make-A-Wish Foundation
The golf cart is a 1976 Club Car Caroche concept street rod. It has been completely rebuilt for 48 volt electric high performence drive system . All the electrical components and wiring are brand new. It has a Curtis 400 amp 48 volt controller, 400 amp 48 volt soliniod, a Contactor PTX Unibody Reversing 400 Amp 48VDC and the motor was completely rebuilt and up-graded by Plum Quick motors. The golf cart is street legal with low and high beam halogen headlights, led brake/tail lights , turn signals and 4 way emergency flashers along with seat belts. It has blue underbody lights. It has hydrolic brakes that were completely rebuilt with new master cylinder, wheel cylinders, brake lines and of course new brake shoes. The tire are brand new Hooser's on the front (18.5 x 6 -10) and rear (20.5 x 10 - 10) of the cart along with new rims. It has a Speedhut GPS speedometer, state of charge meter and a hours of use meter. The body has been customized for this project. The paint job is brand new and was done by students at Penta County Vocational HighSchool under teacher supervision. The seats were custom made by Par5 customs, out of marine grade material and roll bar was custom made for this cart. It has a reverse camera that is ran through the rear view monitor. The monitor has two different vidio inputs, one for seeing behind you just like a rearview mirror and when stationary it can be used as a moniter for playing DVD movies. The in-dash stareo is a Pyle PLD96MU am/fm-mpx,DVD/VCD/SVCD/CD/MP3/MP4 player receiver with usb/sd/mmc card reader built in, with an output of 4x80 rms (320 watts total power). It has a built in 12 volt charge receptical for charging cell phones, I-pod and other personal electronic devises. The windsheild and frame were custom made for this project. All the wheel bearing have been replaced. It has a B&M shifter with locking bar that has been modified for this build. The cart comes with brand new napa 8148, 8 volt deep cycle batteries (6) and a new 12 volt deep cycle battery. It has a new built in charger for the 12 volt system and comes with a new 48 volt charger for the drive system The motor, radio, speedometer, controller and both chargers come with a 1 year limited warranty. This is a truely desirable one of a kind golf cart. There is not another one like it anywhere.
The 1976 Club Car Caroche Street Rod built for The Make-A-Wish Foundation
will be at these events:
April 19th - 22nd, Charlotte Auto Fair Spring Meet at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, South Carolina
Sat, Apr 28, 2012, Oakshade Raceway, Bill Reckner Memorial, 12985 Co. Rd. 14-2 Wauseon, OH
April 29th, Twin 100's: ARCA CRA Super Series & ARCA Late Model Gold Cup - 100 laps each. Toledo Speedway, Toledo, Ohio
May 4th - 6th, Clay's park Resort and Waterpark at 13190 Patterson Rd. North Lawrence, Ohio
May 11th - 13th MLmc Spring Motorcycle Swapmeet,9715 Anderson-Antioch Rd., Mt. Sterling, Ohio
May 18th - 20th, Hog Follies Motorcycle rally at Vanderburgh County Fair Grounds, 201 E. Boonville- New Harmony rd. & Highway 41
Evansville, Indiana
May 25th - 27th, Sunny's Campground at 12399 Co. Rd. 13,Wauseon, Ohio
June 1st and 2nd, OddPowers Spring National at the London Dragway in London, Kentucky
June 8th - 10th, Emco Gears Classic Grand-Am road race, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course at 7721 Steam Corners Road, Lexington, Ohio
June 13th - 17th The Strawberry Festival at Holland , Ohio
July 20th - 22nd, 30th Annual Antique Motorcycle Club of America Show & Race at the Fulton County Fairgrounds, Wauseon, Ohio
July 27th - 29th, Wetzelland 2012 Motorcycle Rally at theWetzel MC Club, 20508 Van Wert Paulding County Line Rd, Grover Hill, Ohio
August 3rd - 5th, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge / The Honda Indy 200. The World Challenge Championships, USF2000 National Championship at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course at 7721 Steam Corners Road, Lexington, Ohio
August 24th, Season Championships and Autograph Night: : SP, F8, SS, 4 Cyl. Walk on the track, meet the drivers! Toledo Speedway, Toledo,Ohio
The winning ticket will be drawn on August 24th by one of the kid that has benifited from The Make-A-Wish Foundation
Other dates will be posted as they become availible
These are the places where the raffle tickets will be for sale at

dwon5

the people that run the auto show and swap meet in Charlotte have informed me that since the cart is not a car they changed their minds and decided that i can not bring the cart down so i and the cart will not be there
thumbdown.gif
thumbdown.gif
thumbdown.gif
April 19th - 22nd, Charlotte Auto Fair Spring Meet at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, South Carolina

dwon5

the cart will be at the 29th Annual Mid-West Motorcycle Swap Meet, Saturday, April 21, 2012 - Sunday, April 22, 2012. Marion County Fairgrounds in Indianapolis Indiana just off the I-465 and I-74 interchange on the East/southeast side of the city.

dwon5

56 raffle tickets were sold at the first event not bad considering only about 1500 people were there. also for information on purchasing tickets or to sell the raffle tickets at your business you can PM or e-mail me

dwon5

just an update so far 425 tickets have been sold along with over $110 donations total in the barrel with the tickets. Thank to every body for all the support

dwon5

thumbup.gif
well the total tickets sales have now reached 1117 with 5 events to go. Also on the 24th of this month, Summer, a 4 year old young lady who just had her wish granted in July will draw the winning ticket at Toledo Speedway. The General manager for the speedway is giving her entire family and 8 other Make-A-Wish families complimentary passes for the races that night. the drwaing will be between 6:00 and 6:30 pm that evening before the championship race starts
thumbup.gif

dwon5

here is video of the drawing of the winning ticket and a picture of some of the families that have already had their wish grant along with the cart
Untitled.jpg

click on the next picture to watch the drawing

I would like to thank every one for making this project a very great success