Wheel Off-Set for 12" Wheels on a Yamaha G9

Neil Yamaha G9

I am looking at new wheels and tires for my Yamaha G9 cart. I have 8" rims with 23" tires right now and looking to go larger (10" or 12"). Is it necessary to get off-set spacers or is this a see how the wheels fit first thing?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Most of the 12" golf cart wheels should have the correct offset. Are you buying tires to or just wheels? Any of these tire and wheel combos from Golf Cart Tire Supply will work without spacers.

Neil Yamaha G9

Most of the 12" golf cart wheels should have the correct offset. Are you buying tires to or just wheels? Any of these tire and wheel combos from Golf Cart Tire Supply will work without spacers.
Thanks HRC. I have been looking at the Canadian cart supply sites that have cart specific wheel sets (yes, I'm Canadian). Easier and cheaper shipping this way. I will check the link to see if it will be cheaper ordering from the U.S.

Neil Yamaha G9

Thanks HRC. I have been looking at the Canadian cart supply sites that have cart specific wheel sets (yes, I'm Canadian). Easier and cheaper shipping this way. I will check the link to see if it will be cheaper ordering from the U.S.

1YAMAGUY

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Wow!! Winnipeg, and I thought I lived in the north. Welcome!!
How did you fair out on your tire/wheel combo .. any pics? Would love to see them, its what helps keep it interesting.

Neil Yamaha G9

I'm going to put a picture board of the project together when I'm finished. The combo set was $699.00 Cdn. includes shipping. 23x10-12 There is a few things I will be getting from the U.S such as pre-cut diamond plate from PBR Products. How far north are you?

golf-cart-tires-wheels.jpg

1YAMAGUY

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Is this your 1st cart?
Nice combo, looking forward to seeing your progress as you build, are you going to do your own mods ? I did to mine and had a great time in doing so and am continuing on with more.
However I would suggest you talk to whomever before ordering parts just to be sure your ordering for the correct model.
Mine is an '18 Yamaha efi QUIETEC Drive2 w/IRS although looking the same as other Drive models, it is not. Sometimes the descriptions seemed a little vague, at least to me it was.
Like a real newbie I learned the hard way but was fortunate to have the necessary skills and tools (welder) to rectify my error, the wrong rear seat assembly for my model.
Enjoy and keep us posted as you go.
Most recently I'm adding front 2-1/2" spots (Tractor Supply) and from Walmarts (12.88) a 1/4" H x 4" long pair of quite bright LEDs and mounting them under the rear step platform on the rear seat, nearly invisible back up lights.
My avatar pic shows one that I mounted in the bag compartment to h-ilite the "YAMAHA" that I painted silver to match the sides...Pure enjoyment!
My location! I'm in Houghton Lake S. E corner of the lake which is the largest inland lake in
Michigan and 2/3 up our lower peninsula and a whole lot less traffic.
2639400_MI_Houghton_Lake.png
From what I've read your about 220 miles straight line north, but several hundred miles wast of me and possibly west of the continental devide although not sure on that.
Anyhow I hope you are able to do your own build and truly enjoy it, its really not that bad.

Neil Yamaha G9

Yes, this is my first cart. Doing most of the work myself. Machinist by trade. I need to brush up on my welding skills. The engine runs great so I left it in. Replace ramp shoes on the secondary, new shocks carbon fiber look dash and steering wheel, diamond plate floor, kick plate and a rear seat. The rust has been removed from the frame and painted already. I'm sure I'm missing stuff. I have had to straighten the front end. The lift kit wasn't installed right. With everything shut down with Covid-19, this project is perfect. Stay safe.

Attachments

• 20200614_123731.jpg
    20200614_123731.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20201227_155455.jpg
    20201227_155455.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210110_161205.jpg
    20210110_161205.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200614_123744.jpg
    20200614_123744.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 6

1YAMAGUY

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Nice project you have going there and a yes on something to do fun wise with this Covid lockdown, it has been something fun to do in difficult times.
Welding!
Are you using a mig to hone your skills? if so in doing your practice as i have been, I read that clean surface is key and the penetration is good when it sounds like bacon frying :>) , it really does!
It to has been years since welding on a regular basis and practicing on materials of similar guage really helps in not only getting a strong weld but presentable as well.
Check out this web site for Yamaha parts
"Big Sky Golf Cars Your Yamaha Golf Cart Store" I believe they're in Montana and near your neck of the woods and are the most well equipped I've seen in Yama parts and their illustrations are helpful as well.
I have to say that you're right down to the bare bones of it.
To you too, "stay safe" and keep the pics coming.