What year is my EZGO

Beachbuggy

Looks like somebody knows what they are talking about, so here is the problem I have.
I just purchased an EZ GO from someone who said he thought it was an 85 model with a 48 volt system (there are no batteries in the cart) but the charger he gave me is a 36 volt. The ser. # is 502204 and the Mfg. code is K2188. Can anyone give me some insight so I wil know what parts to look for. Thanks

Beachbuggy

That's great. Any tips on where to find parts for one this old? It is missing the front cowl and the roof is in bad shape.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Body parts are hard to come by for that model. You may be able to find used body parts at vintagegolfcartparts.com.

Beachbuggy

If my cart is a 36 volt, can I use three 12 volt batteries instead of six 6 volt? Will the charger still work?
Thanks

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You can run three 12 volt batteries but your runtime and battery life will be very short. The charger will work as long as the pack is 36 volts.

Beachbuggy

How short is short? Will deep cell batteries like go in a boat work or does it matter. This is just a run around the neighborhood cart so I don't need it for 18 or anything like that. I am asking because I have big deep cells for my boat and can't really aford new batteries right here at Christmas.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If you're going to use 12 volt batteries definitely use deep cycle. Your runtime will be less than half of what it would be with golf cart batteries. More lead equals more runtime. Your best bet is spend the cash and buy golf cart batteries.

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
Front Cowl Cap For Lights, E-Z-GO, 88-94

Scroll down for # GCTFRCOWL:
Black plastic front cowl cap with recessed headlights for E-Z-GO Freedom models, also use for installing headlights on standard 1988 to 1994 E-Z-Go without headlights.

They also sell front turn signals, rear fender caps with cutouts for tail lights and of course tail lights.

clubdean

Merry Christmas Beachbuggy

Do some checking on parts, with a bit of planning(setting back and looking at it
biggrin.gif
)
you'll be suprised at what you can do.

The first cart I did was an EZ-GO Marathon (4 wheel)
I was told I couldn't get fender flares for it, LOL, I got some for a TXT and used the rear ones up front and with a tiny amount of tweaking I put the front right one on the rear left and vise versa for the other side, I also used a sport windshield from a TXT, I made a simple cardboard template to set it level and get the desired angle (I only had to drill 1 hole in each side of the body and there were no exposed holes when I was done
wink.gif
)

Send me an e-mail and I'll shoot you a picture of it, it resembles a Beachbuggy a bit
thumbup.gif

clubdean

OK, I'm ignorant, I can't seem to get the pictures to load from my computer, do I need to e-mil it to one of you who is a bit more savy
wallbash.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Great looking Marathon!!! I really like the color and the cart looks GREAT! You should start a thread with the pics in the lifted cart section...
thumbup.gif