What year is my cart?

buchbj01

Hello!

I need to know the year of my cart... I'm thinking it's early 80's... If I can get the VIN off of it, what numbers do I need to look at to find the year?

Thanks!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

The tag should be on the dash, passenger side, just under the storage compartment. If it has a Manufactures code post it here. If it doesn't have the manufactures code we'll need the serial number...

jammar9082

First item is a well deserved "thank you" to the people responsible for this web site. I just purchased an old car for personal transportation around the farm and know nothing about the cart and how to repar and maintain it. This site has a wealth of information for us neophites.

Where is the source of information for these numbers? I have not found anyting on the E-Z- GO web site.

Identification: S/N 530446
MFG CODE F 1389 or F I389

Thanks

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
jammar9082,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the compliment on the site!!!
cool.gif

Your cart is a 1989. There a guide in the EZGO resource forum that explains how to determine the year...

jammar9082

Thank you for the model date.

I will look for more information at the source cited.

I had wondered if the Mfg Code contained the date of manufacture. I was guessing that the F meant June and the date was the 13th . Some manufactures use this type of coding.

Thanks again