What the heck do I have??

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Alright I have a 95 EZGO electric that came with no batteries when I bought it. I pulled all of the electronics and rear end with the motor and want to sell them since the cart wont be needing any of that. Is my cart a pds, fleet, regen or whatever the term is for it? I assume if I put them on ebay as a package deal it would be good to tell what it is.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Oh if anybody is interested in any of these parts let me know. I'm not looking to get a lot for them.(although I dont know what they are worth so I might be asking to much, if thats the case sorry
biggrin.gif
)
These are all in perfect working order or so my EZGO dealer told me. I'm doing a gas conversion to this cart and that is why I dont need these parts. I also have a new charger for it I wont need.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Its either fleet or DCS.

Are all 4 studs for the cable connections the same size on the motor? If yes its a fleet/series wound. If 2 are smaller its DCS/sepex. The tag on the motor will say if its series or sepex. Sometimes they are hard to read.

I'm not sure if the early DCS carts had a run/tow switch on the controller cover but I think they did. If it had a switch its DCS. No switch its a fleet

Another way to tell then apart is by the F&R switch but the early DCS carts had the same switch as a fleet cart. But just so you know if you buy anymore if the switch is on the dash its PDS or DCS - Regen if the switch is by your legs its Fleet - Non regen

If you bought it from a golf course it's probably fleet.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Ok so pretty much Regens are only marathon EZGO's right? K got that one out of the way. Is fleet just another name for PDS? So basically in EZGO's history there have been Regen, fleet and DCS models? Thanks!!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
No Marathon's are all Fleet/Series wound motors. DCS is the early version of PDS which are both Regen and use a sepex motor.
Most electric guys that are into performance mod's will tell you Fleet is the way to go. I agree.

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
What would a non regen be called, DCS? My cart has the key switch on the dash unlike my old marathon which had it by your legs.

So the easiest way to tell what they are is to look on the motor's lable?

gornoman

Ace, all DCS and PDS carts are regen carts. (Sepex motor)
All Fleet carts are non-regen carts. (Series wound motor)
A PDS cart is a newer version of a DCS cart.
A PDS cart can accept a so-called "speed chip".

As far as what you have, post a pic of the controller and we can verify.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
What happened to the pic you were going to post of it? Have you ever figured out if it PDS or Fleet? Whats the PN on the sticker? If its a stock Curtis fleet controller its more than likely 275 amps.

matt75

deadhorse.gif
j / k lmao..
newlaugh.gif
i know its an old thread but i had to comment to tell yall about my head exploding 3/4 of the way through it
newlaugh.gif
newlaugh.gif

matt75

he was asking me how i widened my rear axle a couple of weeks ago but thats the last ive herd of him.