What Should the Compression Be On a EZGO 295cc Engine

ryan m

What should the compression be on a EZGO 295cc golf cart engine? I think mine might be worn out, she wont start.

ryan m

i got one hole that 30 and one hole thats 95, im not thinking i can adjust 130 psi into that hole. what do u think? Ryan

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The intake valves on a EZGO have the tendency to tighten up to the point it will hold the intake valves open and you'll lose compression. Check the valve lash cold and set it at .006 on the intake and exhaust valves. Recheck the compression and if it's still low you have internal problems and it may be time for a rebuild.

Let us know what you find when you check the valve lash setting.

ryan m

ok. Compression still real low with the valves adjusted correctly. Where is the best place to get a rebuild kit? Thanks in advance. Ryan

johnered66

I am having the same problem....one side is 90 and the other is 60...what is the correct pressure supposed to be...? thanks...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
ryan m,

Check with Buggies Unlimited or go through a local EZGO dealer for the 295 rebuild kit...

johnered66,

Around 160+ lbs is normal compression. Check your valve lash if you haven't already before you rebuild it...

johnered66

WOW, thanks so much guys...my buddy just had to tweak the valve setting and then he tested them and got 160 out of both...does anyone know what kind of oil should be used in the rear, I think its the transaxle...I know I read SAE 30 W...is it a special oil like they use in motorcycles with the curved gears? not sure if I am explainin myself right....my buddy is the mechanic....and helping me out, but he doesnt do the computer thing....thanks...