What kind of Cart is this?

orpackrat

What kind of cart is this, says RoadRunner on the side, that's about all I know.

The Motor from it is a WestingHouse 2hp, 2800RPM, external 16 spline shaft, 36 volt.

downsized_0810001855.jpg

I am doing a project with this cart and am wondering if it is possible to get a 16 spine shaft for a gas conversion.

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
Welcome to the forum.
tip.gif

It is a Club Car Caroche. What year I'm not sure, I'm guessing mid to late '70s.

orpackrat

Thanks, now the hard question. Do you know where I can find a splined drive shaft to take the place of the motor. I have a gas motor that I plan on dropping into it but it all depends on getting a drive shaft.

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
It would be easier to find a gas cart rear, than a splined shaft. Just make sure the rear is the right rotation.

orpackrat

Okay, could you tell me than what the motor is worth and what the rear end is worth. I am going to have to sell them in order to get rear.

0811002054.jpg

downsized_0811001845.jpg

One thought I had and please let me know if its crazy but the thought was to strip down the electric motor and use the shaft and its assembly. The motor was said to work but it had not run in quite some time after the batteries died and upon opening one of the covers, it seems like its warping inside as when I turn the shaft, its not a smooth turn, it lifts up on one side.

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
I have no idea on used parts prices. But I like the transaxle you found. The wheel flange has a 5 lug 4½" bolt pattern which means you can run Ford or Dodge wheels.

p13-1431C.jpg

Although the 4 bolt on 4" transaxle is nice too.
p13-1430C.jpg
No new wheels to buy.

Too bad the second one seems out of stock.

orpackrat

Well, I opened the motor up a bit for a closer look, looks like its on its last legs. Its rusting inside, brushes are frozen and mostly gone, and there is a black metallic buildup on the inside.

I'm going to see if I can modify the motor shaft assembly and rig a sprocket for a direct drive. If not, I will have to get the transaxle.

I love that site for different things, SurplusCenter.com Good place to look for misc goodies.