What is this to the far right

ezgogo

I found this pic today while searching for accessories and such on ebay. It is in the far right (by driver) mounted diagonaly. My cart does not have this. He also claims the cart has a speed limiter removed that allows it to go from 15 mph to 30mph. Can we do that? Mine tops out at 19-20, I would love and extra 10 mph....even 5.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The part in the pic is a on-board battery charger. There is no speed limiter so he must be talking about the regen braking. Top speed will be right around 20 MPH so he either has some other mods or he's BS'ing...

ezgogo

I did not know they had on board chargers. So with this they just plug right into a wall and do not have to use the external chargers, is there a benifit? It seems to add extra weight. What year did they start offering this, it actually sounds like a good idea and worthy mod.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
They've had them a few years now. The leads are wired to the batteries so you just plug it in and charge. I just don't like the idea of having the charger mounted under the seat taking a beating and getting wet. No benefit as far as I know other than the charger is alway with the cart.