Westinghouse Marketeer 4 Seater

Dickie Doyle

New to this forum... in taking over someone’s lease of a trailer campsite, I acquired a Westinghouse Marketeer. I can not find anything like it on the internet as it’s a 4 seater. It runs and drives fine, the brake master cylinder is bad so I just slowed down with the parking brake. The gentleman I bought it from acquired it with 6 6v batteries, and replaced them with 3 12 batteries. Any info out there? Any source for a brake master cylinder?

Attachments

• C15114AD-A832-4B85-B96C-687BA9A2877F.jpeg
    C15114AD-A832-4B85-B96C-687BA9A2877F.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 18
  • BC4D0CA0-23C7-4D18-9944-E7EAF539368F.jpeg
    BC4D0CA0-23C7-4D18-9944-E7EAF539368F.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 18

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It will run with the 3 12 volt batteries but the run time and the overall life of the 12 volt batteries will be shorter than 6 6 volt golf cart batteries. Parts are probably going tough to find but the first place to check would be vintagegolfcartparts.com. There's is a few Westinghouse Marketeer wiring diagrams in the resource section of the forum. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Dickie Doyle

Thanks for the info. I understand the pitfalls of 12v in series, I’m not sure there would be a source for 6v batteries anymore? Have you ever seen a 4 seater like this? I'm on the fence about keeping it or selling it to be honest. I guess it depends on the master cylinder availability and if I really have a need for it.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
6 volt golf cart batteries are available so if you decide to set the cart up like it should be you won't have any problem finding them. Yes I have seen the 4 passenger Marketeer but it's been a long time.

Dickie Doyle

Thanks for the info. I had a nice conversation with the guy at vintagegolfcartparts, I’m going to take some pictures of the master cylinder and he’s going to see what he can find out.

Dickie Doyle

....well, my Wife kinda wants it gone. Any idea what it’s worth to post on Craigslist? I’m kinda bummed, but happy wife, happy life!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's hard to say what it's worth but it's not worth much especially with the wrong batteries in it. I'd say somewhere around $500 on the high end to the right person. :twocents: