Welding Spider Gears

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Who has welded there spider gears? Anybody have pics or helpful suggestions? I'm thinking about welding the spider gears for the sand drags. We need all the help we can get

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've done a couple on EZGO rear ends a few years ago. The way I did it was weld the spider gears to the center section then made solid steel blocks to fit between the spider gears and welded those to the gears and case. We used to to the race car rear ends that way back before spools were available.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
thats how the offraod guys do it.... i have a set with a bad spider gear so i thought it wont hurt to try it....

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I believe it should be in the resource forum. If not you can download the service manual from the resource forum and it will have the torque specs...

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
any know or lead me to where i can find the torque of the bolts in the ez-go rear end for the bearing caps for the carrier?????

Ol Jake

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I called an EZ-GO mechanic friend, he said 30-40 ft.lbs. is what they usually call for on the caps....

GarageBuilt

Randy also get the rear hubs torqued down... I have mine at 200 hundred foot pounds per hub.. That’s all we can get with out turning the other wheel.