was running fine

nstybluzx12

well i bought my first ezgo and am real proud of it was running fine until i decide to do some repairs now it will try and move but wont, let me start with i no nothing about golf carts but i am mechaniclly inclined dont no what year model or make cart is other than ezgo, car t had been working fine until i decided to rebuild the batttery tray made my wiring diagram and only took out three bats procedde with one side of tray with angle iron and expanded metal after finishing welding up the one side i reinstalled the three bats and now cart wont work has 36 volts on my two main leads and the key switch has 24 on one side and ohms out i noticed that my diodes on what looks like a regulator wont ohm could this be my problem i also noticed i only had 14 volts at my motor when gas pedal is pressed i also ohmed the gas pedal switch it seems to be ok too please help love my new toy serial number is 621529 mfr num is c1391

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

You have a 91 Marathon. It sounds like something isn't wired right. You should have 36 volts at the motor and the key switch. Do you know if it's a resistor or controller cart. A resistor cart will have wire coils in the middle of the cart right behind the batteries, controller cart will have a black box (controller) in the same spot and no coils.
Be very careful welding around batteries...

Their's wiring diagrams for both models in the EZGO resource section here.

nstybluzx12

i almost positive i haved it wired right im not really sure how to check for voltage at the motor and things ,i was just mesing around it does have a controller and its black how can i check it for damage i had the bats removed on the side i was working on the other side needs to be done but no im kind of afraid of messing with it idid noticed that the two resitors on what appears to be a solenios would not ohm out i just double checked my wiring and its dead on with the diagram in the resources archives

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the cart was running before you started the battery tray repair chances are something is wired wrong now. Did you remove the main positive and negative cables on the battery pack before you did any welding on it?

nstybluzx12

i removed the main positive but i left the negative hooked up and it goes to the motor contoler im afraid i damged it can you check the controllers

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It could be the throttle pot box. Lets test that before we go to the controller. The Pot Box should have four wires, two go to the F&R switch the other two to the controller. Take the two wires off the controller and with a ohm meter you should see 0 ohms then slowly press the throttle pedal and the meter should smoothly go to 5000 ohms at full throttle. If the reading is erratic you need a new pot box. If the reading at full throttle is slightly lower or higher than 5000 ohms you may be able to adjust the pot box to the correct setting.