Want To Stretch My EZGO Gasser

ezdoesit

My local EZGO dealer wants $1000 to stretch my 97 EZGO gasser frame only or $3000 to stretch, paint complete it. Is really that much work and if so, is it a fair price to stretch a EZGO gas golf cart?

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
we charge $2500.00

cut and stretch
new seat pod
calv. floor
diamond plate rubber floor mat
diamond plate rockers
new F/R cables
new front seat and seat back
pair arm rest
seat back mounts

our seat pod is bigger we use the factory seat that you sit on now

beleive it or not theres over $1500.00 in parts alone...

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
stretching the frame is the easy part. If you do not feel up to doing it, you may not be able to finish it. Unless you are going to use rattle cans, paint and prep is not cheap. You would, most likely, have to buy a parts cart. You have to build a new front seat pod. You would need a floor. You need to get longer brake linkage. F/R linkage. Throttle linkage. Are you going to have a roof. You would need to find a longer one. Just a few things off the top of my head. I am sure there is much more. $3000 might not be too bad a price. If it is all finished with good work, he isn't getting rich. A cart is a money pit when you start to alter it.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
you dont need another cart

dont need longer throttle or brake cables... you cut and lengthn the rod for both....

the $2500.00 does not included paint or longer top...

some people only want an 80" top and theres 120" tops and then our custom cages

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I know both mike and Doug. That are not a Ez-go dealer they are a custom shop like us but they are bigger great people

ezdoesit

That's good to hear. I really haven't had to deal with them yet but plan to get a TuneUp from them b4 summer starts.

That's a more than fair price. Its a lot of work to do on a cart to stretch it. Right know we have a 3 cylinder diesel motor in a golf cart that we stretched and man...... The end is no where in sight! :wallbash:

stretchman

I may be able to do the stretch, paint, seats, and 80" top for around $2500. Send me a pic of your cart. Has to be 1995 or newer Ezgo. Thanks Brad