Voltage Reducer on Yamaha 48 Volt Cart

Jay Burger

Hi Guys ! Im Trying to help a buddy of mine with his Yamaha cart. He has a voltage reducer for lights and accessories installed. He added a power outlet / cigarette lighter to use for other things. He just got a small power inverter so he can put some Christmas lights on it later but it doesn't work correctly. Works fine with a cigarette lighter and a plug in Halogen spotlight but the plug on the inverter doesn't work ( the USB charging port works). The socket has 12 volts and a good ground and the inverter works fine on my old western 36 volt power outlet...Only difference is he is going thru the reducer and im tapping 12 volts off of 2 batterys right now ( my reducer conked out and I haven't installed the new one yet )...any ideas ? Thanks...JD

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
What have you tried plugging in to the 110 outlet on the inverter? From what you describe it should work unless whatever you're plugging into the 110v outlet is drawing to much. Maybe his voltage reducer doesn't have enough watts to power the inverter? Hopefully someone else will jump in on this one.

Jay Burger

He's just trying to plug a strand of small Christmas light is. Those tiny bulbs don't pull much. The Green 'on ' light won't even light up ....I'm an auto electrical tech and it's got me baffled.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Only thing I can suggest would be hook it up to a 12 volt battery to without the voltage reducer to rule on a problem with the inverter.