very hot wire

ashlineb19

First of all I think this forum is great. I'm a member of a boat forum but never thought about my golf cart. Ok my wife and I were driving around the neiborhood today, when I tried to turn my radio on it would'nt. I started looking further and found a loose battery cable that must have been sparking and started to melt. no big deal I replaced the cable and new wire connection for my radio and lights. everything works now after I got back from the test drive I inspected all the cables and found the negitive cable that comes from the solenoid and goes to the 36v post for the battery is very hot. The cable end at the solenoid looks great, but the end by the battery has turned color used to be copper looking. I know I need to change this cable. do you think something is wrong with the solenoid that is making the cable very hot or is it all cable. My cart runs fine. its just that cable that gets hot and its not even the cable that I replaced

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

It's probably just the cable but if it got the solenoid hot enough it could have damaged it. I'd replace the cable and keep a eye on it to see if the solenoid is getting hot with the new cable...

ashlineb19

my bad i just look at my cart agian and its the positive cable from the solenoid to the 36v battery post thats getting hot my fault

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
No problem. Thanks for the follow up...
cool.gif