Very hot elctronic box on new EZ GO

club1982

My nearly new EZ GO stopped working after a couple hours of hard use. I noticed the electronics box under the seat was very hot when I turned off the switch there (only way I could stop the beeping). The battery are now fully charged and the box cool again but no go, all other electric stuff works.

Help, please.

rhgc

sounds like you have a pds cart. If things got hot under the "electronics box" it sounds like either the solinoid welded together or the controller quit. You did remember to switch the run/tow maintenance switch back into the run position before you tried to drive it right?

club1982

yes, I turned the switch back on, but nothing, no click, no go. Is there a way to tell if the solenoid or controller is bad?

rhgc

the solinoid should read 36 volts on both the inbound and outbound side....(the large post)..If you get 36 volts on both sides try to jump the solinoid by running a wire from the small post with the red wire and touch the main post on the battery pack. if you hear a click the solinoid is good, and the controller is probably bad. If no click change the solinoid