Vegas Carts Engine Mounting Plate Failure

TVAN

Cartaholic
Here are some photos of my sons engine mounting plate failure for his V-Twin conversion kit from Vegas Carts. The plate has failed at the thin edge on the passenger side causing his engine to sit at a decent angle. Vegas is not being very receptive to his request for a new plate. Now recently his cvtech drive clutch has failed as well and his belt wears incredibly fast due to the angle the engine sits at. Feel kind of bad for him as a 19 year old kid spending hard earned money on this kit and getting accused of hitting a rock by someone from Vegas Carts and their lack of willingness to stand behind the part. Any insight?

Attachments

• 6CC7B0BA-1215-4A9E-A52B-775EAEAA410E.jpeg
    6CC7B0BA-1215-4A9E-A52B-775EAEAA410E.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 22
  • E735156C-53D7-4775-830E-039C650E7222.jpeg
    E735156C-53D7-4775-830E-039C650E7222.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 962A7327-DF8E-4EC2-8FBD-13E4EB3703B5.jpeg
    962A7327-DF8E-4EC2-8FBD-13E4EB3703B5.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 22

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
That is not the first story i've read of failed cradle's from there.

I use AllSports engine cradle's, very strong and well built :usa:

Not sure the mount and belt spacing is the same for the import engines

all-sports-vtwin-engine-cradle.jpg

TVAN

Cartaholic
Design flaw I feel. Very little material on the side that cracked, causing a weak spot. Ivan at Vegas is not being very cooperative with my son.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It definitely looks like a design flaw on Vegas Carts end with that long slot and not enough material left from the slot to the edge of the engine cradle. I'm going to move this thread into the review section of the forum. Keep us updated on what if anything Vegas Carts does to resolve the issue.

TVAN

Cartaholic
The drive clutch is another issue. It failed as well. He ordered one from Vegas, paid $90 to have it over night and no clutch today. Dumb of him to pay that. Supposed to arrive Monday evening, I am losing respect for Vegas. Hard to see your kid get taken advantage of like that, hope they do him right.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Looks like ya could maybe weld a 1/4-3/8 inch rod to the plate to strengthen maybe? Or square bar

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Is there room on side that's cracked to weld a piece of angle? If ya don't have a place you can ship to me and I'll have one of the guys weld it up and get it back out asap. You just gotta pay for the ride.

TVAN

Cartaholic
That is a great idea! He did actually order and receive a replacement already, and hoping they decide to give him credit back on his debit card for the purchase. Not sure the plate is any use at this point. Awful nice of you to offer!

TVAN

Cartaholic
He did get a call from Geoffe W the other day. That impressed me. For the record my plate and VC kit are doing well after 1 year of use and 100hrs of run time. Drive belt held up well also.

TVAN

Cartaholic
I found a crack in my cradle over the weekend. Just purchased a nice mig welder so will be fixing it. Cracked behind the last cross member from the top down. Not bottom up, wondering about the axle wrap. They have a nice bracket that mounts up to the diff so it won’t twist, I am thinking the pressure was too much. Exact same thing happened to my son

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It looks like Vegas Carts engine cradle needs a better design. Thanks for posting this and if you can post some pictures of yours and how you modify it.

TVAN

Cartaholic
Will do, it all happens on the passenger side where the engine sits on the edge of the plate and creates some havoc.