V-Twin Carburetor Upgrade

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
no i havent tried the bigger jet yet. i have only tried running it as it is right now with the 160 and pin in 3rd notch will try moving it up tomorrow

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
i have read that a couple of times and its not like im a complete moron i have built engines and worked on stuff my whole life there are so many variables with these carbs and i will figure it out by trial and error like i always do however i have learned to ask for help from people who have done it too.....this is new how does a plug get white and black....this is a new plug

20180222_125559.jpg

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
the article says if the pilot screw is near the back it adjusts air and if towards the front it adjusts fuel that is backwards they are opposite of that unless the front of the carb is the engine side which i think of as the back.

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
so i moved the clip to the bottom position and it seems to run pretty good there i need a different pilot jet for sure and i think i need a bigger main jet too it still bogs a little when going to wide open from 1/2 - 3/4 throttle steve made a good point while i was talking to him too its colder outside than it will be while using the cart so kinda pointless to fine tune it right now...

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
i have read that a couple of times and its not like im a complete moron i have built engines and worked on stuff my whole life there are so many variables with these carbs and i will figure it out by trial and error like i always do however i have learned to ask for help from people who have done it too.....this is new how does a plug get white and black....this is a new plug

View attachment 1189

Plug looks tan on the burn area.

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
Sounds like you're getting there :thumbsup:
Try backing low speed out 3/4 turn , you might have to raise idle up a bit.

i tried turning it out half and whole i have to feather the crap out of it if it is turned out at all so im pretty sure a different pilot jet is necessary..... i am getting there pretty sure i could use the next size up main as well it doesn't quite run right when wide open but close. thanks for your help you and kelly have been great help