V-Twin Carburetor Upgrade

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
closer now i have to ask how much smoke should be coming out of the crankcase breather because it seems like there is more than there should be

Nubs

Cartaholic
closer now i have to ask how much smoke should be coming out of the crankcase breather because it seems like there is more than there should be
Hard to answer, just when its hot? Oil is not Diluted with gas? oil level is right?

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
not sure about the oil since i was moving the dipstick tube all around im pretty sure that i havent moved it up or down its close. it smokes a lot sometimes im going to chqnge the oil and measure it just to see where it comes to on the stick

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
Hard to answer, just when its hot? Oil is not Diluted with gas? oil level is right?

not diluted with gas. it smokes when its cold or hot sometimes it just smokes a lot more than others. I will pay attention after i get the oil changed out and make sure that the level is correct I think there is a little more in there now than there should be but only a little.

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
i have the 280 main and a the next richer needle than the one that came with it clip in the middle and it seems to run pretty good im starting to think i need a different slide cutout a little smaller its a 2.5 thinking about 2.0 it started to rain so no more test drives. 280 was the biggest main jet i got. I think im going to drill one of the smaller ones

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
that is a pretty handy chart thank you for posting that.
i also dont remember why im limited to 5k rpms is it juzt the fact that i dont have the bigger push rods and a billet flywheel? or is there something else i remember i can run at 5k which is faster than i will be using it under normal cir umstances. is there something else that is going to come apart i dont remember if the rev kit that is in it has stronger valve springs as well as the spacers or just the spacers i will check that out.

Nubs

Cartaholic
The Briggs racing engines in the bandolero cars run 5,800 and did use the stock flywheels, the name rev kit is a little gray to me. shims, springs and or :blah:

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
its grey to me too thats why the question. i looked at my receipt to see and it just says rev kit. i just dont know what that entailed. i have heard many different things related to the flywheel and at what RPMs the fan comes apart :dazed:

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
so i am guessing that if i have shims then the springs must just be stock and not sure how big stock pushrods are

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
it was almost ten years ago and a lot has happened since then..... if i would have installed it myself i would remember. but since Tom was an authorized dealer and service shop if he put it in it didnt void the warranty but if i did it the warranty would have been voided