V-8 GOLF CARTS

OlBoy

welcome.gif

There is some pictures somewhere on this forum of a ezgo marathon with a small block chevy engine.

BIG STEVE

THANKS FOR THE WLCOME OlBOY! YEAH I THINK I SAW THAT ONE, THE MOTOR MIGHT RUN, BUT THE DRIVE SYSTEM IS STILL ELECTRIC OR MABY GAS. BUT NOT HOOKED UP TO A V-8

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum BIG STEVE.

There's pics of a couple different carts with V8's floating around. One with a Big Block Chevy engine mounted in front and the other one with the Small Block Chevy engine. I don't have any details on either one though...

BIG STEVE

IF YOU LOOK REAL HARD, YOU WILL SEE A FORD 9" OUT OF A CUSHMAN IN THERE! ......WITH A FEW MODS LIKE A 3 LINK, SWAY BAR, AND COILOVERS....DID I MENTION THE 11" DISK BRAKES? ANY ONE CAN MAKE SOMTHING FASTER, BUT CAN YOU STOP IT?!

gornoman

Welcome Steve!

Cool ride, but I fail to see the golf cart in it. But, so what! Is she a runner?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It looks like a nice setup. No where near enough roll cage for me though...
Other than that it looks like a very well built buggy...

BIG STEVE

HMM, Y'ALL HAVE NO SENSE OF IMAGINATION. TELL ME WHY THIS ISN'T A GOLF CART IN YOUR OPINION. WHAT IS THE CRITERIA TO BE A GOLF CART. KEEP IN MIND, THIS THING MAKES 385 RWP! AND WEIGHS 1300 LBS. IF ONE OF Y'ALL CAN HARNESS THAT IN A STOCK CHASSIS, THERE WOULD BE ALOT MORE OF THESE HUH. THERE IS MORE BARS THERE TO KEEP IT FROM TWISTIN' UP. IT IS 50"W X 110"L X 67"H. I BELIVE ONLY A TAD WIDER THAN MOST STOCK CARTS

OlBoy

There is plenty of imagination around here. If your wanting it to be called a golf cart you take a look at these pictures for some ideas. Even this isn't a golf cart but it does have a cart body on it. They may give you a run for your money with an electric cart.
yikes2.gif

Like others have said your work is fantastic but its not a golf cart. I agree with HRC on not having a good enough roll cage to even consider racing it at high speed but it is a great looking machine.
thumbup.gif

gornoman

I gotta agree with OlBoy. It's a way cool vehicle none the less, but without at least a golf cart frame in there, I can't consider it a golf cart, no matter what the dimensions are. Sure, I'm picky, but that's why they pay me the big bucks.

BIG STEVE

well thank you for the kind remarks everyone, it has been a fun project..... but i havent had one person come up to me and ask "what is it?". every one that sees it, sees an insane golf cart....women/men/old/young. maby i shuld post a pic from the course with the golf bag on it! hey- seeing is beliving. by the way, i have been 97 mph in it on gps. it goes straight and true.

so if i mentioned a v-12 jaguar 4 seater version
rotflmao.gif
cart, you probably will poo-poo that too huh! .....

gornoman

There are plenty of guys here who have built some very nice golf carts. And not a single one of them has poo-poo-ed anyone. And, they won't because they appreciate and respect each other's work and effort. You are welcome to join us in this effort.

gorno

calllen9

Hey Big Steve,
We are going to douglas, ga. dmpdragway.com this weekend we would love to race you, if you can make it.