upgrade to electronic from resistor?

lokitim

New here & just learning.....I have a 1973 Club Car Caroche & want to upgrade & get away from resistor setup. What will be needed to do this & does anybody sell parts in kit form? I thought I found details on here, but have yet to find again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

GarageBuilt

What is your budget. There is no kit as far as I know. But you will need a pb6. Controller. Motor . solenoid or contactor. And I like using a small fuse box. I also recommend going series with motor & controller.

gornoman

Why would he need a motor and solenoid? The cart has those items and they are suitable for the upgrade.

GarageBuilt

This guy ask this question back on Sept 8. I didn't answer him until the 15th. Your on this forum all the time .. Why didn't you help him? You are here to help , right G-man !!!!!

I went with all new parts because I don't do anything half ass. I ask him what his budget was. I was waiting to hear back from him but got you instead..

You might spend the money on a new pb6 & controller & still use the old solenoid, but I wouldn't. And as far as the motor goes , they have come a long way since 1973. I would think this guy wants to upgrade because of efficiency & power. He wont do it with just a pb6 & new controller.
tip.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The OP posted the same question in another section of the forum to and has already made a decision to keep the cart the way it is.

gornoman

Not everyone has your deep pockets, Ronnie. Some guys just want to make a simple upgrade, not a drag cart. Also, who are you, my manager?

GarageBuilt

Lick the spoon,,,,
rotflmao.gif
,,,, Really gorn???? Grow up Sir. We all know your here to start Chit. Why are you so obsessed with my drag cart & the depth of my pockets . I explained to you my reason for going with all new parts. I also reminded you that I did ask him of his budget. The amount of his budget would have ultimately decided what parts we would have went with. Not what you think he needs.

Besides G.. He already made his decision. Just drop it.
tip.gif