txt pds what's it worth?

impdaddy

looking at an auction in the morning. It is a closed golf course and they have a bunch of 2006 txt pds with 2007 batteries and all stock otherwise. What is a good( steal ) price. I will replace batteries and go with 4 ga cables and prolly add a lift and tires/wheels. Thanks,

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Location and quantity bought plays a role in prices. Around the mid-west a stock 2006 EZGO TXT PDS would go for $1800-$2000 in good condition with good batteries. I've seen them sell higher but that's top dollar for me.

$1000-$1200 would be a super good deal if the carts are in good condition with decent batteries.
$1600 or less would be a good deal if the carts don't need any work and batteries are decent.

impdaddy

HRC . I am assuming the batteries will need replacing and I will convert to 4 ga wires. I should change my location info. I am in Omaha, ne. Thanks for the input.

Note. I changed my location info and it was shown.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the batteries are toast I wouldn't pay more than $1200 and the rest of the cart would have to be in good condition. They may be worth a little more but that's would be the most I would bid.
twocents.gif

impdaddy

HRC. They represent that the carts are in running order, therefore the batteries are good enough to get it across the parking lot lol. but i don't trust it anymore than that.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the batteries are 2007 Trojans they may have a lot of life left in them. My red EZGO is still running strong and it has 2003 Trojans in it. But I would go at it like the batteries need to be replaced like you are.

JRay

Cartaholic
HRC get ready with your wallet. I replaced my 02 trojans last year. Run time had really fallen off. But you never know, some go longer. Had a dealer tell me he knew of some 12 years old and still running. His story and he's sticking to it. i don't buy that one, trojan dealer.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
JRay,

I've been thinking I'd need to buy new batteries for the red cart for the last couple years. With the prices as high as they are now I'm getting as much out of these as I can.
rotflmao.gif
Last year the cart was still holding its own and the batteries still tested good. We'll see if I can get another year out of them...
dazed053.gif
tip.gif

The longest I've seen a set T105's last is 11 years but usually its more like 5-6 years.

Did you buy one?

We got a 2007 Ezgo PDS with OCT 2006 batteries last month for $1600 which makes HotRodCarts figures match what we found.

Under another thread "Batteries" I think I mentioned the reverse polarity battery life extending desulfation process that I learned about on Wednesday. I have started the process on a 48v bank made up of 4 - 12v 75ah trolling batteries.

I know it desulfates very well because I can now see plates, dividers and space between them unlike before when it was just all one gray mass. What I do not know is if the batteries will be functional or not. They are five year old core batteries that I never returned yet that powered our UPS for the computer server room.

The process is very old but due to more cash than time it has not been used much in the last 50 years. The other reason could be it does NOT work.
rotflmao.gif

The price of 6 new cart batteries got be ready more about battery desulfation and I heard about the process from some off grid folks who have a lot of deep cycle batteries. Even if it does not work it has been interesting already. If it does work it will be cool.
cool.gif

I will post the results one way or the other. In hindsight I should have started with an old motorcycle battery with a clear case.
biggrin.gif

impdaddy

I did buy one for $1500. Batteries are good and clean. even came with a golf bag cover for the back. Will be good to keep the guns dry. Lol

Hey that is a good news update. You are going to have some serious fun. If you have not downloaded and saved the PDF version of the owners, parts and repair guide for your cart please consider getting those three ASAP. The three of them has help me understand about our cart since this is the first one we have owned.

What color is it?

impdaddy

Green. Tan top. Should take the camo paint real well. Where do you download the listed manuals?

This is a stablemate of the 1978 club car carouche that I bought 2 yrs ago and still runs good.