txt 1996

merkelbach

usaflag1.gif
the cart acts like the batterys ary dead but we have 38 volts.fresh off the charger cart moves fine for 50 feet then shutters like dead batterys. we cleaned all cables and replaced controller, still same. any help will help.
checkered_flag.gif

dougmcp

Series or SepEx cart?
What year?
How old are the batteries?
You still may have a bad cell in one of the batteries.
Do you still have 38v after it shudders to a stop?
Do all the batteries have 6.4v each after the stoppage?
When you cleaned all the cables, did you do the ones to the F-N-R switch as well?

merkelbach

usaflag1.gif
I dont Know how to tell the if it is SepEx or Series, but I do know its a 96. bats are 1year old and they are very strong, between 6.1 and 6.3 on all bats, even after it shudders to a stop.I did not get a chance to clean cables at fnr switch. I did at the motor.
checkered_flag.gif

dougmcp

If the F-N-R switch is on the dash it's a SepEx motor, if the F-N-R switch is down behind your knee it's a series cart.
If it's a series cart, it's still sounding like a battery/cable/connection or controller issue.
Why did you change the controller?
Did it ever run well after you changed the controller?
Is it lifted with big tires?

slopoke

Actually they did not start putting the FNR switch on the dash until 2000. Until then the sepex and the series carts had the shifter behind the knee. The dead give away would be the run/tow switch under the seat. if it has one its a DCS or sepex cart. if not it is a series cart.